Are boat rides too mainstream for you? Looking for an active, fresher perspective on things, how about taking a kayak and paddling through the waters of Kochi? Kayak over the calm waters of the Vembanad Lake, and visit the hamlets that line the canals here. The villagers are quite friendly and will strike a conversation with you soon enough. Stop and see how they tap toddy, fish or farm & engage with fishermen on the nets looking for their catch.
|Offered in (Languages)
||English, Hindi, Malayalam
||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
|Transport to the kayaking point (Pizhala)
||Kayak, Paddle and Safety equipment
||Expert guidance, Kayaking training and Safety procedures
||Tender Cocunut Water and Bottled Water
What We'll Do
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
Kayaks, canals and candid shots. Get ready for some time on the lake.
Meet us at the hotel lobby. The drive to the kayaking spot is about 15 minutes.
We will take around 30 mins to get ready. Gear up for about an hour of Kayaking experience. Get in your gear & listen carefully to the experts.
In the next 1 hour, capture the beauty of the local village life at Kadamakudy, Moolampilly and Pizhala. Your kayak instructor will give you the necessary equipment and safety gear before handing over the kayaks.
Discover the hidden delights of the kayaker’s paradise - picturesque hamlets, Chinese fishing nets, fish farms, toddy shops and coconut farms on the way.
We'll stop at a fisherman's house for about 30 minutes. Learn how to use a Chinese fishing net and cage farming. Detox time with some tender coconut water and socialise with the family.
On the way to Kadamakudy. We will take around 45 minutes to experience the Toddy Tapping.
Enjoy Toddy tapping with natives for next 15-20 minutes. Taste the fresh Toddy, while he explains the tapping process to you.
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
You could stick around and kayak for another hour or return to the hotel. If you’ve chosen the evening kayaking session, then don’t miss the sunset on the way back.
1. You'll have a kayaking expert to guide through the whole experience.
2. We suggest you to carry sunscreen and mosquito repellent along as it is an outdoor experience.
3. Please wear the safety gear and following the safety instructions given by the instructors for your benefit.
4. We recommend you book at least two weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
5. The experience starts at approx. 7am or 3pm, subject to confirmation. Request you to kindly adhere to the timings.
6. Please allow about 4 hours for the experience.
7. Kindly carry waterproof gadgets.
8. This experience can be specific to the Weather Conditions.
Places We'll Go
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty | Pizhala | Vembanad Lake | Kadamakudy... & many more in between.