Calling all fish lovers! Come, and enjoy a fabulous experience in this coastal state’s prominent fish journey. Take a tour of the Vallarpadam church, which is closely associated with the marine history of the area, go further to Vypin Fishing Harbour and look at how fish and seafood are auctioned.
At Matsyafed Njarackal fish farm, see how they are bred, farmed, caught and brought to you. Another activity is to catch fish and then letting them go. Fishing gear and accessories can be bought at the farm. This fishing excursion is a leisurely way of getting to know about the local varieties of fishes, interact with the fishermen and even take a video of you in your cool fishing gear. End it with a visit to the Portuguese-built lighthouse at Puthyvype Beach.
|Offered in (Languages)
||English, Hindi, Malayalam
||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
||Light refreshments and water.
What We'll Do
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
Meet us in the lobby at 3pm. The drive to Vallapadam church takes 15 minutes.
Spend 15 minutes walking around the church, this white Gothic structure built by the Portuguese. Go in and experience the serene atmosphere.
Vypin Fishing Harbour
We drive down to the Vypin Fishing Harbour in 10 minutes and get into the thick of fish and seafood auctions.
In the next 15 minutes, learn about different varities of fish that come into the market.
Matsyafed Njarackal fish farm
It takes 20 minutes to reach the fish farm. Spend the next hour visiting the fish culture ponds, go in a pedalboat and see the fish jump out of the lake and create gentle ripples in the water.
Catch a few fish and put them back. There are hammocks around if you want to rest for a few minutes before heading out.
It takes about 20 minutes to reach Vypin Lighthouse. Take a 360° view from atop the Lighthouse.
And then stroll on the sandy beach and get your feet wet. Or watch the sun set over the Arabian Sea. Spend half an hour here.
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
Another 10 minutes and we're back in the hotel.
1. This is guided tour with a companion to escort you throughout your experience.
2. Fishing harbour is 3.6 kms (10 minutes) from the hotel. We then go to the with Matsyafed Fish farm which is 7 kilometres (20 minutes) ahead and end the tour with Vypin light house and Puthy Vypu beach on the way back to the hotel. The duration of the experience is 4 hours (approximately).
3. We recommend you book at least two weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
4. Wear comfortable clothing with walking shoes. Request you to carry rain wear, in case of unexpected rainfall.
5. We suggest you to carry sunscreen and mosquito repellent along as it is an outdoor experience.
6. Please allow up to a day to complete this experience. The experience starts at a specific time and hence request you to kindly adhere to the timings.
Places We'll Go
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty | Vallarpadam Church | Vypin Fishing Harbour | Matsyafed Njarackal fish farm | Vypin lighthouse | Puthuvype Beach... & many more in between.