Open your mind to Kerala’s country life!
For the love of nature and adventure, we take you on this experience, which is unique with its reach and authenticity and where you get to live the life of country folk from Kerala.
The best way to travel is to see the lives of the people where you go. Travel is about getting to know the people, food, music, art and history of a place by immersing oneself as deeply as possible and learning from global cultures very different from our own. Join us as we take you on a tour and a discovery of Kerala’s country life.
Visit a village and see what life is for the villagers and enjoy its simple pleasures. See the fishermen at work, the women yarning coir and weaving mats, the village market and the paddy fields. You can also try your luck at fishing, interact with the village folk and enjoy a laid-back day. Lend your hand in helping the women at their daily work, weaving coir or dishing out a Malabar recipe. Walk around the beautiful countryside or take a tuk-tuk ride to explore the area and live local, live Kerala.
|Offered in (Languages)
||English, Hindi, Malayalam
||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
||Coffee, Cocunut Water and water
|| Tuk-Tuk/ bicycle to explore the village
||Tour Companion/local expert
What We'll Do
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
Meet us in the lobby, after your breakfast. The drive to the village takes 1 hour.
You'll be welcomed in true Kerala style, and then introduced to the village and around.
Have a cup of coffee or some fresh tender coconut water. Get onto a bicycle or into a tuk tuk and see the countryside as a native would. You’ll see women engaging in coir weaving and yarning.
LUNCH: Have a traditional lunch with one of the families here and strike a conversation with the family members.
Post Lunch we'll head towards the local fishing Harbour.
Chellanam Fishing Harbour
You’ll be thrilled to see how the native fisher folk work – from nets in small streams to the Chinese Fishing Nets over the backwaters.
Have a black tea and relax, watch the sun playing over the sea.
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
It’s the drive back to the Grand Hyatt.
1. You'll have a tour companion/local expert to guide through the whole experience.
2. We will be walking the whole day - Please wear comfortable shoes & clothing.
3. It can sometimes be sunny or rain unexpectedly in Kochi, so keep rain gear, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellents handy.
4. We recommend you book at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
5. Please allow up to a day to complete this experience. We suggest taking this tour early morning.
6. Expect to get dirty white getting the real flavour of Village life.
Places We'll Go
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty | Chellanam | Chellanam Fishing Harbour... & many more in between.